08 September 2021
The UK at Slush 2021: 1-2 December 2021, Helsinki
Are you a UK-based cyber security company looking for investment? Join the UK delegation to Slush! This is a unique opportunity to look for investment, expose your company to a global tech ecosystem, promote your brand, network with top-tier investors and other stakeholders, and look out for export opportunities especially in the Nordics.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, the Department for International Trade, and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport will support 12 UK cyber security companies to be part of the UK delegation to Slush on 1-2 December 2021 in Helsinki, Finland. Slush is the world’s leading startup and tech event and has been the largest gathering of venture capital in the world, attracting around 2000 investors each year. The investors range from VCs (Venture Capital) to angel investors, CVCs (Corporate Venture Capital) and LPs (Limited Partnership). This year, the event is expected to gather 8,000 participants including startups, investors and other ecosystem members.
1. Free Slush Startup Pass (worth £310) for 1 delegate per company. With the pass, you will be able to participate in an exciting programme for two days.
2. Make use of UK branded demo booths to attract the attention of partners, customers, talent, media and investors. The demo booths will be located in the delegation booth area at the heart of the venue, close to the biggest stage. 2x1hr time slots will be allocated to each company for both days – you are expected at the booth for 2hrs per day, but for the rest of the day you will have free time to meet up with investors or other people and enjoy the programme!
3. Access to the largest gathering of venture capital in the world, with Slush attracting annually 2,000 key investors looking for the next company. Slush offers a Matchmaking Tool to find the most relevant investors and to book a meeting with them. There are dedicated meeting areas at the venue.
4. Media coverage: A great number of journalists representing the leading technology and business publications come to Slush Helsinki searching for emerging startups and exciting product launches. The likes of Forbes, Wired, and Techcrunch have covered startups making waves in Slush.
5. Social media coverage: The British Embassy in Helsinki will highlight the companies in the UK delegation via Twitter.
6. Take part in the UK’s own Slush reception in Helsinki at the UK Ambassador’s residence on the eve of the event, Tuesday 30 November.
Interested in this offer? Please submit a short application via this form by Friday 17 September. The applications will be reviewed and you will hear by end of September if your application has been accepted. We aim to have companies from across the UK.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.