08 June 2021
A new interactive diagnostic quiz from Sage, the business cloud accounting provider, generates a personalised ‘readiness rating’ for entrepreneurs and future founders, coupled with curated expert advice, inspiration and free resources targeting the ‘gaps’ in their knowledge across three core areas: finance, admin and mindset.
The quiz was designed to help budding entrepreneurs, after research from Sage discovered that:
- 27% of small biz owners claim that a lack of self-belief delayed or stopped them from taking the plunge initially
- While a staggering 48% of dreamers are hindered by a lack of confidence in themselves
- Nearly a quarter (23%) of dreamers are concerned about getting to grips with compliance
- But only 11% of business owners identify this as an actual issue in practice
As 52% of UK adults dream of starting their own business, this tool helps to provide a starting point and allow those aspiring business entrepreneurs to find the help they need.
Indeed, so far, the results have shown that 37% of respondents from the South West received a ‘Ready and Set’ business rating, which means they have their funding and business know-how in order, and have the mindset needed to be their own boss.
Simply answer a few business-related questions to generate your own Readiness Rating as well as advice, inspiration from top entrepreneurs, and free resources to help along the way.
The interactive diagnostic quiz explores:
- How financially prepared you are to start a business
- How prepared your business plan currently is
- How well you deal with time management and essential administrative tasks
- How mentally ready you are to build a successful business
The quiz can be taken here to find out your own ‘business readiness rating’ along with the free resources to help you on your business journey.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.