What’s on Offer?
The Impact Lab provides a wide range of valuable support for businesses in Devon. Each company we work with receives a bespoke package to suit their needs. Our services are free of charge, although our grants do require a match funding contribution from the business.
Specialist technical support to develop new products, services and processes
The heart of what the Impact Lab offers is resource for collaborative projects to help businesses solve a key technical challenge in the development of a new product, service or process. Project work is led by our core team of technical specialists and scientists, who we call the Innovation Support Team.
To deliver a project, we also call on the support of a wide range of academic specialists from within any of the seven Impact Lab partners. These academics can provide specific skills and subject-matter expertise where needed – the breadth and depth of expertise they bring is proving to be highly valued.
Grants for products & services
If you need additional products or services to make your project successful (such as development costs, testing equipment or Intellectual Property applications), you can apply for a grant to reimburse 60% of the costs. Grant applications can range from £5,000 to £50,000, of which you will need to provide the remaining 40%. Funds will be granted for the purchase of specific goods and services, following an approval process. Claims for reimbursement can be made as soon as these goods and services have been purchased.
Collaborative working space
The Impact Lab offers desk space in one of our dedicated project offices. We have seats available at our main building on the Exeter Science Park; on campus at the University of Plymouth with the Sustainable Earth Institute; and on site at Rothamsted’s North Wyke research station near Okehampton.
Who’s it for
The Impact Lab works with Devon based SMEs, meaning fewer than 250 employees and with a registered office in Devon. Or you should be willing to relocate the business to Devon and/or show a firm commitment to growing a business in Devon.
Visit the Impact Lab website
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047
Below are events associated to the Impact Lab – Devon Business Support Programme that you may find useful.