What’s on Offer?
Department for International Trade: Our Offer
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. We provide practical support to UK businesses at home and overseas and help overseas companies locate and grow in the UK. Through UK Export Finance we help to ensure no viable UK export should fail for lack of finance or insurance.
Regardless of your customers’ exporting experience they can access invaluable advice and support from great.gov.uk. It is the ideal starting point for UK businesses looking to export for the first time or increase their existing export capability and sales. It brings together the best information across government and commercial partners. On great.gov.uk your customers can:
- access the best online advice on exporting
- find live export opportunities for their products and services
- find an online marketplace best suited to their products
- promote their business to overseas buyers – create profiles on our Find A Buyer service
- search and register for events and webinars.
International Trade Advisers and E-Commerce Advisers
Your customers can access and receive impartial face-to-face advice from dedicated International Trade Advisers (ITAs) and E-Commerce Advisers (ECAs)
DIT’s ITAs and ECAs, who have a background in exporting and e-commerce, act as part client manager, part adviser, and part mentor.
Through a thorough diagnostic process, they can assess your customers’ readiness to export and help them to identify the services and support they need to develop their export capability and to grow internationally.
They can offer a broad range of services, including tailored advice and support, training opportunities and structured programmes. They can also introduce other government support, e.g. UK Export Finance, and independent third party service providers for more in-depth support across specialist areas. Most of DIT’s services are free of charge and the ITA can advise on eligibility criteria and terms and conditions. Services are available across the following areas:
- export strategy and planning
- sales and marketing, including: market knowledge, contacts in overseas markets, creating export plans, Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS), access to trade missions, overseas tradeshows, market visits
- e-exporting, optimising digital sales channels/websites.
- language and culture
- product and service development, including innovation, IP, certification/standards
- operations, including legal and regulatory issues, export controls, documentation, logistics and distribution
Face-to-face support: access to export finance
UK Export Finance Export Finance Managers
DIT UK Export Finance (UKEF) exists to ensure no viable UK export should fail for lack of finance or insurance. UKEF’s Export Finance Managers (EFMs) can help your customers check they are getting the right export finance support and, if not, explore how to bridge any gaps. They can offer:
- expertise, guarantees, insurance and loans to help your customers compete and grow internationally
- introductions to other sources of government or private sector finance if required.
Who’s it for?
Any trading company in any sector can access advice from the Department for International Trade. Some elements of the service are however supplemented by additional EU funding and therefore some eligibility may be applied.
T: 01275 370 944
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047