The Devon Net Zero Innovation fund is in place to enable collaborations between Devon enterprises and University of Plymouth academic researchers. The aim is to help Devon enterprises to develop new products or services for the low carbon sector, with funding of up to £7,500 per enterprise.
- Deadline for applications – 28 October 2021 (12.00 midday) (after this time, no applications can be accepted)
- Timescale – the collaborative project must be completed by 31/05/22
- Budget – up to £7,500 will be allocated per collaboration
- Applications – please email all enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly entitled “DNZIF” and company name / academic name.
The call will open on Monday 12 July 2021, with a closing date of 28 October 2021. Scoring of applications will take place in November 2021 and upon approval, partnerships will have 6 months to deliver their project.
Who can apply?
- Applications will need to be led by an eligible Devon enterprise – in partnership with a University of Plymouth academic(s).
- Existing or new collaborations are welcomed.
Objectives of the Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund
This fund is designed to encourage new industries to emerge and to boost investment in the development of low carbon products and services:
- to enable Devon enterprises to address key low carbon challenges and opportunities through new product / service development
- to enable at least 10 eligible Devon enterprises to develop new, commercially viable products / services for the low carbon economy
- to enable Devon enterprises to collaborate with University of Plymouth academic researcher expertise that falls outside of the Low Carbon Devon Industrial Research Fellow (IRF) expertise (i.e. Green Walls, Power Electronics, Energy Efficiency in Buildings (Occupant Behaviour) and Creative Industries)
- to support diversification of technology from one industrial sector to another to support low carbon ambitions.
For full information and to register your interest, see the Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund pages here.