What’s on Offer?
Fully funded training and support to help your business grow
The Heart of the South West Apprenticeships Service offers:
- Recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses for your employees to enhance their skills and progress into apprenticeships.
- Business support to enable you to take advantage of Apprenticeship opportunities that work for your business
You are welcome to take advantage of one or both of these opportunities.
Heart of the South West Apprenticeship Service aims to support people in employment to undertake an Apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are a great way of developing your workforce, allowing you to bring new talent through the ranks and train your team with the skills they need to help your business succeed.
The service offers you access to an Business Adviser who will help you to:
- Decide which Apprenticeships are right for your existing employees
- Find a local Apprenticeship provider that can support you
- Find out what Government Funding is available to you
- Understand the implications of the Apprenticeship Levy to your business
- Solve recruitment challenges by explaining the services available to you on recruiting new Apprentices.
Our skills service aims to enhance your employees’ skills, help them continue to higher level qualifications and Apprenticeships, take on more responsibility and help your business grow. A Business Adviser will work with you to provide a bespoke training programme relevant to your business needs. You will benefit from a wide variety of recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses like leadership and management, technical skills training and higher level skills.
Benefits for your employees and business:
- Training is tailored to the specific needs of your business
- Can be more cost-effective than hiring skilled employees
- Increases employee confidence, motivation and productivity
- Improves employee loyalty and retention by making them feel valued
- Fully-flexible training
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning, minimising disruption and maximising impact.
This programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Skills Funding Agency (SFA). This means we can support your business and employees at no extra cost to you.
Serco is a leading provider of public services. Its Employment, Skills and Enterprise business was selected by the Skills Funding Agency to manage this programme in your region, in partnership with Heart of the South West Local Enterprise
Serco delivers the training and business support through a network of high quality local training providers.
Who’s it for?
Businesses in the Heart of the South West LEP area – Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. Subject to eligibility criteria.
T. 01752 968026
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047
Below are events associated to the Serco – Heart of the South West Apprenticeship Service Business Support Programme that you may find useful.