Funded training to help your business progress
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in the Heart of the South West LEP area; Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay.
They provide recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy. SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund.
Skills Support for the Workforce is all about progress. The programme can help you progress your career, education and business.
Complete the Growth Hub’s online contact form to find out more about this programme of support.Apply for Funded Training
What’s on offer?
- A training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills you need to support your business ambitions
- Flexible training – pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual and business needs including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- Learning pathways for your employees enabling them to progress within your organisation onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships
- Recognised accredited qualifications and training courses to enhance your employees’ skills
How could you benefit?
- A more efficient business with improved profitability
- A highly skilled workforce delivering quality outputs for your customers and improving business performance
- Improved staff satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover
- A wider appeal to new recruits
- Competitive advantage in your marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means you can access a wide range of training at no cost* to your business. *subject to eligibility
Serco delivers the SSW programme in partnership with Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). The LEP have identified the following priority sectors for skills support in the area:
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (incorporating Marine, Nuclear and Aerospace)
- Agri-Tech (including Food and Drink:
- Health and Social Care
- High Value Tourism
- Digital Technologies
- Environmental Futures; and
Other sectors are also eligible to access funded training. Please see below for eligibility criteria.
The following eligibility criteria apply for anyone accessing support through Skills Support for the Workforce:
- The learner has to be employed by the organisation (or self-employed).
- The learner has to be eligible to work in the UK – evidence will be required
- The learner must be aged 16+ (no upper age restriction)
- The training has to be delivered within the LEP region and by one of the contracted SSW Training Providers
Serco delivers the training and business support through a network of high quality local training providers.
Who’s it for?
Businesses in the Heart of the South West LEP area – Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. Subject to eligibility criteria.
Please fill out the Growth Hub Support form to find out more about this programme.Apply for Funded Training
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047