What’s on Offer?
The Somerset Social Enterprise Fund (SSEF) has been established with initial funding from Somerset County Council to provide loan finance to support new and established social enterprises.
Whilst the SSEF is primarily a loan fund, there is scope for an element of grant funding.
The SSEF is intended to:
- Improve access to finance for social enterprises in Somerset
- Increase the number of social enterprises in Somerset attaining the ‘Social Enterprise Mark’
- Enable and support measurable improvement in benefits delivered to local communities through increasing activity of social enterprises
A key attribute of the SSEF will be that loan repayments and interest will be ‘recycled’ into further loans and, thus, the fund will be self-sustaining.
Features of the SSEF include:
- Loan amounts from £10,000 to £100,000
- Flexible and tailored packages – secured and unsecured
- Fixed interest rates
- On-going supportive relationship
Who’s it for?
Businesses must be a ‘social enterprise’ and be able to evidence social impact. Businesses must be based in and / or predominantly operating in Somerset.
T: 01749 344949
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047