South Somerset District Council offers free one to one Business Advice for start-ups and existing businesses on general business issues but also specific council services related enquiries.
The amount of support offered to you on a one to one basis depends entirely upon the nature of your requirements. Sometimes this will entail a single meeting or it may require ongoing support over a longer period.
Topics that can be covered by the Council team would include but not be limited to:
- Start up
- Help with planning your new business
- Advice and encouragement to make it work
- Growing your business
- Client care
- Marketing and selling
- Staff and training. Apprentices
- Raising finance and Cash flow
- Council Business
- How to do business with the Council
- Pre-planning and planning advice
- Business Rates
- Environmental Health
- Climate change
- Council-owned land and premises
- Grants and Support
- Help and advice on obtaining local, regional and national grant schemes
- Finding suitable premises
- International Trade
- Signposting to specialist advice
- Information and statistics
- Sales and marketing
- Starting up
- Finding premises
- Funding opportunities
Who’s it for?
Any new or established businesses based in the South Somerset area
T: 01935 462262
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047