Date(s) - 23rd May 2017
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Becoming self-employed or starting a business for the first time can be a daunting experience. It can certainly be a great way to make a living, working the hours that suit you and an opportunity to do something you enjoy. Unlike being employed though there is also the possibility that your income may be erratic and you won’t get holiday or sick leave.
This free workshop will give you a complete overview of what it means to be self-employed as well as the commitment required to start and sustain a profitable business.
By the end of this workshop you should have all the information you need to decide whether self-employment is right for you, including:
- Advantages and disadvantages of self-employment
- How self-employment differs from being employed
- Dealing with tax and self-assessment
- Understanding regulations and insurance
- What additional skills might you need?
- An overview of book-keeping
- How to obtain start-up funding
An experienced business advisor will be running the workshop and there will be a Q&A session at the end of the workshop should you have a specific questions.
To book you place please click here