Date(s) - 25th August 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
About this event
**This course will be delivered in a spacious and airy training room within the HQ Building in central Plymouth. Numbers are limited to ensure plenty of working space**
Where would you like to be and how are you going to get there?
Everyone asks themselves these questions at different times in their lives, usually at some kind of ‘crossroads’, especially when we are looking for a different future.
This fully funded workshop series over two days is designed to give a solid foundation when planning to start and develop a successful business. Tailored for women, it will help you to identify both the potential barriers and benefits to starting a business. It will also help you build your resilience and self-belief as someone who is self employed with interactive, practical tasks. It will also provide you with an opportunity to meet and work alongside like-minded women.
Dates and Times:
Weds 25 August 2021 9.30am – 3.30pm
Thurs 26 August 2021 9.30am – 3.30pm
Held at HQ Building, Conference Room, 237 Union Street, Plymouth PL1 3HQ
Topics covered include:
- Identify both the potential barriers and benefits for self employment
- Build your resilience and self-belief when considering starting out in business
- Practical tips to overcome imposter syndrome
- Introduction to business planning – what to consider and how to structure
- Getting the most from networking and how to grow your network
- Presenting and pitching , what makes an effective presentation/pitch, how to best prepare and how to perform well in a pressured environment.
We appreciate and respect that there is still nervousness around the lifting of government restrictions, to ensure a healthy and happy experience for everyone we will continue to ask participants to:
– Symptoms; if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, have been asked to self isolate or have been in contact with someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 we respectfully ask you not to attend the course. Please let us know if this is the case.
– Booking online – please use the booking button to reserve your place. We will send paperwork to be signed and sent electronically in advance of the course.
– Environment – we will continue to use a large, well ventilated room and utilise the garden space that the doors open onto.
– Face coverings; whilst this is no no longer a legal requirement please do bring a suitable face covering if you wish to wear one .
– Use hand wipes, gels or other sanitisers provided.
– Please wash your hands on a regular basis.
– Drinks will be provided but we ask you to bring your own lunch (there are plenty of shops and cafes nearby if preferred).
Am I eligible for this workshop?
These workshops are being provided by the Accelerating Women’s Enterprise Programme which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). before booking this workshop, please check that you live or your business start-up is based within the Interreg region marked in blue on this map – click here to view
Booking is essential as places are limited to ensure maximum learning and benefit for each participant. Please ensure that if you are unable to attend the session, that you let us know so that we can move this place to another participant.