Date(s) - 16th May 2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Would you know what to do if someone in your workplace was suffering from a mental health problem? Paying attention to workplace mental health has never been more important. By completing the FAA Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health you will learn to spot the signs of an employee struggling with their mental health, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
FAA Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
What will I learn?
- Provides participants with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions.
- Learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers.
- Learn how to start a supportive conversation.
- When and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Recognise and manage stress.
- Understand the impact of substance abuse.
This qualification meets the requirements for training first aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first aid needs assessment, for example Team Leaders, Supervisors and HR Managers.
Assessment is through two written assessment papers and the practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health.
- Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th May
- 00am-4.00pm (2 day course)
- Delivered by The Focus Training Group, Plymouth
- Venue: 63-69 St Modwen Road, Plymouth, PL6 8LH
This course is part of the SMART SKILLS programme which supports businesses in Devon to upskill their workforce and advance their business with no-cost training solutions; funded by the European Social Fund. To find out more about SMART SKILLS visit www.smart-skills-hub.co.uk.