Date(s) - 27th July 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am
This FREE, online workshop for West Devon residents will help you take your first steps into self-employment.
There is a lot to think about when deciding to start your own business. While being an exciting time, it’s also possible to get overwhelmed with all the decisions you have to make. We’ve created this webinar to give you a clear guide on the fundamentals of starting your first business. We’ll cover all the areas you need to think about as well as any pitfalls to avoid on your journey to self-employment.
You’ll get practical advice on a variety of vital business basics, starting with an evaluation of your business idea and how to fund and launch your new venture. We’ll also look at many other areas such as how to choose the right business structure, managing your finances and registering with HMRC.
The workshop is run by one of our highly experienced business advisors who has a wealth of knowledge across a huge variety of business stages and sectors. They know exactly what it takes to plan and launch a successful and sustainable business.
- Basics of self-employment including company types.
- Market research and the viability of your business.
- Funding options for your business including how to apply for loans and grants.
- Personal financial requirements and budget.
- Understanding business income and expenditure.
- Registering your business with HMRC.
- Setting goals and major pitfalls to avoid.
It is a live and interactive session, so questions are more than welcome at any point.
Date: 27 July 2021
Time: 9.30am to 11.30am
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in West Devon. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker.