Date(s) - 10th December 2020
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
About this Event
The Export Shed: Setting up Stateside – Everything you need to know
Do you know your LLC from your INC? Where should you set up an US office? Best tips for structuring partner agreements? At the next Export Shed, we will discuss the Top 20 FAQs that we are asked by UK companies planning on exporting to the States.
About this Event
The Export Shed: Setting up Stateside – Everything you need to know. Join us on 10th December as our expert panel shares insights on Exporting to the USA.
The Export Shed, brought to you by Business West, is a virtual part workshop, part discussion forum that helps businesses navigate towards their global ambitions.
In The Export Shed you will find international business advisors from Business West along with guest participants who are experts in their field. It’s the ideal place for peers to discuss and share experiences, ideas and knowledge.
COVID-19 has changed the way we work, think and behave. The Export Shed is a model for the future for sharing, support and advice in a collaborative environment.
In the Shed this session are:
• Tom Thorelli, Thorelli and Associates: Tom Thorelli is a French-speaking US lawyer with thirty years of experience working with small- to medium-sized European companies in minimising legal risk when doing business in the United States. Thorelli and Associates combines a broad range of expertise (with four lawyers located in the Chicago, Illinois headquarters) in the fields of intellectual property law, product liability preventive management, acquisitions, corporate law, contract negotiation, and immigration; all with small-firm attention to detail and customer service to create tailored legal solutions for its clients.
• Ameeta Virk is an International Market Specialist with the Department for International Trade with a strong focus on two of the biggest global economies – The USA and India. With deep understanding of both markets, she has led multiple trade delegations, bringing businesses together with their overseas customers. Ameeta has particular expertise in the retail, education and healthcare sectors. In 2019, Ameeta was named one of the Top 100 ‘Most Influential’ people in UK-India relations by India Inc.
• Kerry Stagg heads up the International Market Research team at Business West. A strategic thinker with over 25 years’ experience in strategy planning, consumer insight, and competitor and market intelligence. Kerry has high-level interpersonal communication and influencing skills, together with a track record of delivering actionable business strategies that combine commercial aims with a keen understanding of customer needs.
• Barbara Hollyhead MIEx is a Chartered Marketer and multi-linguist highly experienced in leading the creation and implementation of high level marketing strategies and business development initiatives across multiple audiences, markets and channels internationally and with a reputation for getting things done. Barbara has lived or worked in a number of countries including Mexico, USA, South Africa and across Northern, Central and Southern Europe, She is currently an Export Manager and International Trade Adviser.
• For all things digital – Nigel Barker is a digital, ecommerce and communications specialist. He has helped hundreds of companies in the South West improve their digital reach and access markets worldwide. His approach focuses on putting the customer at the heart of everything you do and is never short of things to talk about. He is also the host of the Trading Through Coronavirus podcast series.
The Export Shed welcomes companies from the South West region who trade internationally. Regrettably, we are unable to accommodate intermediaries or service providers. Thank you for your understanding. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if you do not meet the eligibility requirements above.
We take your data very seriously and are committed to the privacy and security of it. Our Privacy Statement explains the types of personal data we may collect about you and how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
From time to time Business West provides information highlighting its services and other relevant opportunities that may be of interest to its members and the wider business community. If you don’t wish to receive these communications, please update your preferences. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from any marketing emails you receive.