05 August 2019
The search is on once again to find and salute the most outstanding small businesses from Somerset and the wider South West.
Britain’s biggest business representation group the FSB (Federation of Small Businesses) has launched the ‘FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020’ which will culminate in both regional and national finals next spring.
Small businesses throughout the South West will battle it out for prizes across 12 different categories and the awards are open to both FSB members and non-members alike.
The free-to-enter awards in 2019 saw Taunton firm Eternal Beauty Ltd among the prize winners as best Micro Business. Ben England, from Eternal Beauty, said straight after winning the award that he would urge other SMEs to take the punt and try to win a prestigious FSB award.
“We have been putting off entering competitions for a number of years but we thought we would just go for it this time and I would say to other small businesses why not do the same?” Ben england.
The South West winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony at Somerset County Cricket Ground in February and will the go forward to a glittering national UK ‘FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards’ final in May 2020.
The 12 categories are:
- Wellbeing in Small Business Award.
- Environmental Business of the Year.
- Digital/E-commerce Business of the Year.
- Sole Trader of the Year.
- High Growth Business of the Year.
- Micro-business of the Year.
- Start-up Business of the Year.
- Young Entrepreneur (aged 30 and under).
- Business and Product Innovation Award.
- Family Business of the Year.
- International Business of the Year.
- community Business of the Year (area level only).
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.