20 June 2018
Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, James Brokenshire, today launched the Great British High Street Awards.
What is the Great British High Street Awards?
- Celebration of local achievements on high streets across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. For the first time there will be a High Streets Week – 16-22 July.
- Entrants to the Awards are in with a chance to win up to £10,000 to spend on their community, plus on-the-ground support and events from the campaign and street teams.
- There is also the opportunity for retailers, small businesses and the public to participate in a spend and win competition supported by Visa (the lead sponsor).
What are the categories?
- There are two categories: Champion High Street, which will recognise the nation’s best high streets, and the Rising Star category which will recognise the nation’s most ambitious high streets, places which are taking the lead and working together to regenerate, adapt and diversify.
- Winners will be named in each of the four UK nations – England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- An overall High Street of the Year in Great Britain and Northern Ireland will also be named.
- 20 June – Great British High Street Awards Launch
- W/c 16 July – The ‘Great British High Street Week’
- 15 August – Entries close
- 10 September – Shortlist announced
- 31 October – Voting close and judges’ visits
- November – Winners announced at awards ceremony
For more information and how to enter please visit: The Great British High Street.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.