17 July 2019
Creative England invests in and supports creative ideas, talent and businesses in film, TV, games and digital media. We aim to grow the brightest, the best, and those with the most promise so that individuals and businesses can achieve their full creative and commercial potential. We help identify future opportunities to grow the economy and generate jobs.
Creative England has partnered with Microsoft to develop Greenshoots, an investment initiative designed to stimulate the commercial development and growth of the games industry in the English regions, outside of Greater London.
Through the Greenshoots initiative, investments of up to £100,000 will be awarded to SME game companies for the development and commercial release of game IP on any platforms, but must include Windows 10 and/or Xbox One.
The fund is open to companies who satisfy the following criteria:
- Are a games company based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London
- Have previous, demonstrable game development experience
- Qualify as an SME and be registered at Companies House
- Can provide a £1 for £1 match to any investment received (See “Key Points” for more details)
- Have an innovative game idea to be developed for commercial release on any operating system and platform – but must include a dedicated version for Windows 10, distributed via the Windows 10 Store, and/or Xbox One
- Have not received over €200,000 worth of public sector support granted under ‘De Minimis’, from whatever source in any three year rolling period.
- Have an ambition to grow the company and create and/or safeguard jobs through the funding.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.