10 May 2017
The Heart of the South West Growth Hub have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term Marketing Officer on a 12 month contract.
The Heart of the South West Growth Hub is funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and is delivered by Serco Employment, Skills and Enterprise on behalf of the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (HotSW LEP). The Growth Hub is the first point of contact for both new and established businesses seeking business support. The service provides access to all local and national business support services and is offered completely free at point of access for all businesses seeking advice.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
The key element of the Marketing Officer’s role is to deliver the marketing, communications and business engagement activity for the Growth Hub.
Key Duties (include but are not limited to);
- Develop and issue monthly e-newsletters to drive business engagement and keep partners and stakeholders updated on business support service offers;
- Support in the delivery of on-going development and updates for the Growth Hub website management of the CMS for the team;
- Organise, deliver and promote outreach workshops and events programmes;
- Manage the organisation and delivery of monthly Growth Hub networking sessions;
- Develop and market monthly cases studies on the successes of the service to include stories about businesses that have been helped;
- Manage the service branding and agreed communication protocols to ensure that appropriate requirements are adhered to on all promotional materials, correspondence and communications;
- Manage the marketing and communications budget, including requesting purchase orders and to timesheet all activity in line with contract and funding activity;
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will ideally have extensive experience in a similar business engagement or marketing activity environment, within publically funded skills organisations. Whilst it is not essential it would be advantageous if you had a relevant Marketing Diploma qualification (or equivalent). Due to the nature of the role is it essential that you have good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels (written and verbal) along with good copywriting skills, ability to proof read and strong attention to detail. In addition to this you will also possess:
- An in depth understanding of the marketing mix including market research, advertising, promotion, direct mail, PR, communications, digital marketing, social media and e-marketing techniques
- Analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving and project management skills
- Good understanding of ICT and experience of using content management systems, e-marketing and social media platforms and tools
- Experience of planning and delivering workshops and events
If you have the skills and experience required for this role you can apply now via the Serco website
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.