30 June 2020
Two opportunities have opened as part of Innovate UK’s £191m Sustainable Innovation Fund, a fund to help all sectors of the UK recover, grow and create new opportunities from the aftermath of Covid-19.
- Sustainable Innovation Fund Round 1 (temporary framework) – an investment of up to £55m to fund single and collaborative research and development projects to help organisations across the economy recover from Covid-19 in a clean and resilient way. Each organisation working alone or in a collaboration can claim a maximum of £175,000. Competition closes 29 July. For more details and a link to register for the competition briefing at 09:30 on 3 July, click here.
- Sustainable Innovation Fund SBRI phase 1 – larger clean-tech projects of up to £3m that are pathfinders to the UK’s net-zero ambitions. Phase 1 will focus on exploring the feasibility of proposals. Phase 2 will concentrate on continued research, development and testing. Only successful applicants from phase 1 will be able to apply to take part in phase 2. Phase 1 projects total costs are a maximum of £60,000. Competition closes 5 August. For more details about the competition, the virtual marketplace to help collaborators connect and a link to join the competition briefing at 11:00 on 2 July, click here.
Here you can download a few slides that highlight the key features of the Fund – Sustainable Innovation Fund
Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) is holding a Q&A session at 13:00 on 3 July for organisations interested in bidding into the competition. This is not a formal briefing event but a chance for you to ask questions of the panel about areas like:
- What makes a great innovation project for this competition?
- What are the likely pitfalls?
- Should I apply for this competition or hold out for another call?
Chaired by KTN’s Access to Funding and Finance expert Charlotte Thompson, the panel includes Emma McKenna, KTN’s Knowledge Transfer Manager, Emerging Technologies and Industries, Ian Meikle, Director for Clean Growth and Infrastructure, Innovate UK and Jonny Voon, Innovation Lead – Next Generation Services, Innovate UK.
Register for KTN’s 3 July Q&A here.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.