11 December 2019
The aim of this competition is to present a portfolio of demonstrator projects. Your project must showcase close-to-market solutions that go beyond the current state-of -the-art and deliver a more circular economy for plastic packaging.
Your project must deliver on the following SSPP Challenge objectives:
- Unlock a significant overall increase in research and innovation (R&I) spend (government and industry).
- Deliver R&I to support more sustainable plastic packaging in line with the UK Plastics Pact targets.
- Increase UK plastic packaging supply chain collaboration.
Innovate UK welcome projects across materials, design, technology or process, business model or behaviour change.
You must explain how you are innovating to contribute to the UK meeting one or more of the UK Plastics Pact targets:
- 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- 70% of plastic packaging recycled of composted.
- 30% average recycled content across all plastic packaging.
- Take actions to eliminate problematic or unnecessary single-use packaging items through redesign, innovation or alternative (reuse) delivery models.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £2 million and £48 million. Your project must start by 1 April 2021 and end 31 March 2024. It can last between 12 and 36 months.
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- collaborate with other businesses, research organisations, public sector organisations or charities
- involve at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Academic institutions cannot lead.GET IN TOUCH
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.