07 November 2019
A new fund to support the fishing industry through investment in innovation, jobs and safety at sea and to encourage economic growth in coastal communities after the UK leaves the UK.
Applications will be accepted until March 2022.
English fisherman and those working in the seafood sector can apply for a share of the new Maritime Fisheries Fund (MFF) which is designed to ensure the fishing and seafood industry continues to thrive once the UK leaves the EU. The fund is open to businesses, port authorities, fisherman’s associations, producer organisations, public bodies, training establishments and charities.
There is a total budget of £15.4million which can be used to:
- invest in the processing of fisheries and aquaculture products
- support innovation and new technology eg. energy efficiency, economic growth, safety
- improve port infrastructure
- support jobs in coastal communities
- help the sector to adjust
- improve safety on fishing vessels or around ports and harbours
This fund is in addition to the existing European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF): the government has already guaranteed that all EMFF projects approved before 31 December 2020 will continue to be fully funded.FIND OUT MORE HERE
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.