27 May 2022
This £30 million fund will offer grants focused on supporting farmers and growers to process, diversify and add-value to their products. It will offer grants of between £25,000 and £300,000 for up to 40% of eligible project costs.
By way of a short introduction, the grants awarded through Adding Value will pay for capital items to enable you to add value to eligible agricultural products, after they’ve been harvested or reared. Details on eligible capital items is contained within the manual. They include:
- equipment for preparing or processing edible agricultural products for added value sales
- equipment for ‘second stage’ processing of grain – for example, colour sorting, blending
- equipment for processing non-edible agricultural products into new products (for example, flax, hemp, wool, hides, and skins)
- equipment for retailing eligible agricultural products (for example, vending machines or display facilities)
- premises for the preparation or processing of added value agricultural products, including associated integral storage areas.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- a grower or other producer of agricultural products (by which we mean you carry on an agricultural or horticultural activity, including rearing livestock)
- a business processing agricultural or horticultural products which is at least 50% owned by agricultural or horticultural producers.
Latest news filter
Stay up to date with the latest news, business support, funding and events happening locally.