The Heart of the South West area offers great opportunities for businesses looking to relocate, including:
- World leading research and design facilities through local colleges and universities
- Established advanced engineering, manufacturing and technology clusters
- Exceptional quality and competitive development sites, offices, innovation centres, and science and business parks, to suit all budgets and needs
- Strong transport links and excellent opportunities for networking with the beautiful backdrop of the Devon and Somerset countryside and coasts.
Businesses looking to relocate to the Heart of the South West area should check the links below to Unitary and Local Authorities who are best placed to support inward investment to their areas
Invest in the heart of the South West
The Heart of the South West Inward Investment Team offers a comprehensive service to companies considering relocation to, and growth within Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay.
This service includes access to a network of local experts who can advise on relocation, such as:
- specific and current property and site searches
- statistics and market information
- networking opportunities and a business introduction service
- practical guidance on local planning and regulation
- access to recruitment and training support
- assistance in sourcing relevant funding opportunities
- extensive quality of life information, for example housing, schools, health and leisure details
- On-going account management after a company has landed, to encourage sustainable growth.
Inward investment service for Devon. Free advice and support on a range of issues including:
- Evidence and data to assist with business planning
- Business locations and premises
- Making relevant local business contacts
- Sustainable transport funding for businesses
Inward investment service for Somerset providing bespoke advice and assistance for companies looking to grow and expand in Somerset.
Inward Investment In Taunton – ‘Connected for Business’
Taunton is a well-connected place for business, living and skills. As the South West’s first Garden Town, the Invest Taunton website aims to:
- Provide information to external business audiences who are considering moving to Taunton
- Provide key high-level information on the Taunton Garden Town Programme
- Provide a strong network of links to appropriate partner websites
Invest in Torbay
Offer free, confidential investor services such as the Torbay Touchdown programme, support from Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (HoSW LEP) and Department for International Trade (DIT) to make it easy to locate, grow and expand in Torbay.
Business support programmesSorry, there are currently no resources available.
Events and workshopsSorry, there are currently no resources available.
Get in touch
Contact the Growth Hub team to find out about support available locally.
03456 047 047
Newsletter Sign upClick here to sign up
Get free factsheets
The Growth Hub have licenced access to thousands of practical, factual and digestible reports, guides, factsheets and reference resources for businesses.
Government advice, information and tools for businesses covering a whole range of sectors, issues and themes.
Start or grow your business
- Starting Up in Business
- Brexit Business Resources
- Scale-Up Business Resources
- Developing and growing a business
- Sales and marketing
- Employing people and HR
- Skills and training
- Funding & Grants
- Legal and regulatory
- GDPR for Businesses
- International trade
- Digital and ICT
- Tendering and procurement
- Social enterprise
- Net Zero
- Relocating to the Heart of the South West area