A robust sales and marketing strategy is at the heart of all successful businesses. Getting started and selecting the right channels to be relevant to your audience can seem daunting if you are new to it. You need to be sure you are choosing the correct tactics to maximise return on investment for your sales and marketing efforts.
There are 3 key things to consider when establishing your sales and marketing strategy:
Who are your audience?
Identifying your customers and understanding their needs is key to being able to deliver effective marketing to that group in order to maximise sales.
What are your sales goals?
Setting yourself realistic objectives and goals will help you to remain focused and monitor the impact of your marketing and sales activity.
Will you reach them?
Selecting communication channels that your customers will respond to and that will work for your brand, product or service is key.
Business support programmes with a sales and marketing focus and free or part funded events for businesses offering support on this subject are listed below.
- Marketing Donut | Online marketing advice and resources for small businesses – http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/
- Canva | Create designs for web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations etc. – https://www.canva.com/
- Canva Design School | Online help & training courses – https://designschool.canva.com/
- Mplans | Free sample marketing plans and advice on marketing including how to write a marketing plan – http://www.mplans.com/
- Gov.uk | Guidance on the rules of governing online and distance selling for businesses – https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses
- Business is GREAT Britain | Online guidance on how to promote your business effectively online – http://www.greatbusiness.gov.uk/marketing-online/
- Dummies | Useful articles with thorough step by step guides on how to use Social Media in business and digital marketing strategies – http://www.dummies.com/business/marketing/
Business support programmes
- Inspire - Heart of the South West Scale-Up Programme
- Devon and Somerset
- Support programme for businesses in the Heart of the South West area looking to Scale-up.
- Read more
- South Hams Business Support
- South Hams
- A range of fully funded advice and guidance for new or existing businesses in the South Hams District Council area.
- Read more
- Get Set For Growth - Somerset
- GetSet for Growth offers fully funded marketing and finance expertise to ambitious businesses with the potential to grow.
- Read more
Get in touch
Contact the Growth Hub team to find out about support available locally.
03456 047 047
Newsletter Sign upClick here to sign up
Get free factsheets
The Growth Hub have licenced access to thousands of practical, factual and digestible reports, guides, factsheets and reference resources for businesses.
Government advice, information and tools for businesses covering a whole range of sectors, issues and themes.
Start or grow your business
- Starting Up in Business
- Brexit Business Resources
- Scale-Up Business Resources
- Developing and growing a business
- Sales and marketing
- Employing people and HR
- Skills and training
- Funding & Grants
- Legal and regulatory
- GDPR for Businesses
- International trade
- Digital and ICT
- Tendering and procurement
- Social enterprise
- Net Zero
- Relocating to the Heart of the South West area