What is Better Business for All (BBFA)?
It’s a local partnership between businesses, business support and regulators and across Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay to promote local economic prosperity, whilst maintaining public protection. BBFA aims to improve how regulatory services are delivered and to show how working with your local regulators can save you time and money, improve your competitiveness and help you grow your business.
The Growth Hub works in partnership with the Better Business for All (BBFA) initiative which brings together regulatory bodies in the Heart of the South West area. This short video explains the benefits of the partnership for businesses in Devon and Somerset.
BBFA Guides & Resources
Here are quick links to a variety of BBFA guides and resources.
Net Zero – Download a Net zero list- Jan 2022, that summarises a range of net zero related schemes, tools and resources (as at Jan 2022)
Farming – Download a Summary of the Transition to a New Farming Policy for England
Food Labelling – The BBFA Food Labelling guide gives food producers an insight into the important changes that surround food labelling – UK Transition Food Labelling Guide
Swimming Pool Safety Guide – Guidance for tourism, leisure and hospitality sector businesses on swimming pool safety and maintenance is available is to watch and download here
Who do I speak to?
To seek information and advice on regulations that apply to your business and where to go for further help, contact the Growth Hub on 03456 047 047 or complete our Get In Touch form.
Alternatively, you can connect with Trading Standards support and resources by following the link below, or use our lookup to find the local regulator for the area you are seeking.
Contact Information by Local Authority
- East Devon District Council
- Exeter City Council
- Mendip District Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- North Devon Council
- Plymouth City Council
- Sedgemoor District Council
- South Hams & West Devon Borough Council
- South Somerset District Council
- Somerset West and Taunton Council
- Teignbridge District Council
- Torbay Council
- Torridge District Council
- Exeter City Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid Devon District Council – email@example.com
- North Devon Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sedgemoor District Council – email@example.com
- South Hams and West Devon Borough Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Somerset District Council – email@example.com
- Somerset West and Taunton Council: Licensing – https://www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/licensing/
- Somerset West and Taunton Council: Planning – https://www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/planning/
- Teignbridge District Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Torbay Council – email@example.com
- Torridge District Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards
Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards provides a range of services to help you develop your business and comply with regulations.
T: Devon – 01392 381381 | Plymouth – 01752 304147 | Somerset – 0300 123 2224 | Torbay – 01803 208025
Commissioned by Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay councils.
Get in touch
Contact the Growth Hub team to find out about support available locally.
03456 047 047
Newsletter Sign upClick here to sign up
Government advice, information and tools for businesses covering a whole range of sectors, issues and themes.
HSE – Guide to Healthy & Safety
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has developed a range of tools and guidance to help small and medium sized businesses understand health and safety.