What’s on Offer?
The programme is a £2,036,610 ERDF-funded programme that spans the Heart of the South West LEP area. It employs an experienced manufacturing specialist to provide advice and support to SME manufacturers in the following four areas:
- Business Strategy – developing new models and implementing clear growth plans including introducing new technologies, products or working methods through effective leadership.
- Operational Efficiency – Identifying and overcoming obstacles that limit manufacturing capacity, business productivity, performance and growth
- Innovation – Introducing new technologies, products, materials and ways of working to drive growth
- Supply Chains – Supporting companies to access new markets and to develop their supplier base
This support is designed to drive economic growth. This support is designed to create new jobs and launch new products
The programme has been contracted by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) to achieve the above through:
- The provision of manufacturing specific diagnostics. These will typically be conducted by a manufacturing specialist on-site over a three-hour period.
- The provision of hands-on support from our manufacturing specialists. This will usually be focussed on addressing manufacturing-specific issues to deliver change in line with business priorities. Usually these issues would have come-to-light as a result of an earlier diagnostic meeting.
- The provision of grant funding against a revenue project. In these instances, a grant, match funded by the SME, will be provided to support a business making an improvement project. In the case of revenue projects this is most likely to be support from an external consultant, specialist or trainer to address manufacturing specific issues.
- The provision of grant funding against capital projects. In these instances, a grant, match funded by the SME, will be provided to support a business improvement project. In the case of capital projects this is most likely to support the SME to purchase an item of manufacturing tooling, equipment or machinery.
- The provision of workshops focused on manufacturing specific business issues.
- Signposting and referrals to wider support from SWMAS, the Growth Hub and other relevant providers
Who’s it for?
Eligible small and medium sized manufacturing businesses in Devon and Somerset with High Growth potential
T: 01278 767010
Can’t find the support service you are looking for?
If you would like to talk to one of our advisers about your business support needs so that we can match you to the most appropriate support available locally contact the Growth Hub today.
03456 047 047
Below are events associated to the High Value Manufacturing Advisory Programme (HotSW) Business Support Programme that you may find useful.