With the roll out of faster broadband in Devon and Somerset businesses are now able to harness the power of digital technology to their benefit.
What benefits can you expect?
- Boost your productivity – faster speeds even at the busiest times of day mean you can upload large files such as complex graphics and videos in a fraction of the time.
- More reliable and consistent service, regardless of the number of users at one site using the internet at the same time. Get the latest and best business software through ‘cloud computing’ services, together with capabilities such as instant data back-ups to take away the hassles of security and upgrades.
- Connect with customers and suppliers in new ways such as through internet telephony (VoIP) and high definition video conferencing.
- Do ‘business anywhere anytime’ as the use of virtual private networks and other applications means working from home and on the move is seamless and better connected.
- Save money and time as well as help the environment through reduced travel to the office and for face-to-face meetings.
- Cut down on your energy use, save money and help protect the environment through the use of cloud computing which means less need for energy-hungry servers at every office, whilst virtual private networks allow business PCs to be remotely hosted, saving energy too.
From improving your basic digital technology skills to moving your operation to the cloud, cyber security or mobile working – help is at hand.
The Growth Hub can provide you with access to a wealth of free guides and information on Superfast broadband technologies and adopting them in your business. See full list below:
Made Smarter | is leading the UK’s ambitious plans to grow manufacturing through digital technologies, innovation and skills. UK Digital Manufacturing advice & innovation – Made Smarter
Google’s Digital Garage | A free resource with information and courses on everything digital to help you grow your business – https://digitalgarage.withgoogle.com/
National Cyber Security Centre | The NCSC has put together an informative cyber security guide for small businesses – https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/small-business-guide
NCSC Cyber Security Training | The NCSC has developed cyber security training that demonstrates how you can improve your organisation’s resilience. It is aimed at SMEs, charities and voluntary sector.
Tech Donut | Free online guidance for business technology – https://www.techdonut.co.uk/
The Digital Business Academy | Free online courses in digital technology for businesses – https://www.digitalbusinessacademyuk.com/
Do it Digital | Helping small businesses improve their digital performance – https://doitdigital.co.uk/
Hootsuite | Get the most out of your social media, with guidance on how to preschedule your audience – https://hootsuite.com/plans/free#
Dummies | Free factsheets and guidance in digital marketing and social media for business – http://www.dummies.com/business/marketing/
Canva | Makes design simple for everyone, create free designs for web or print – https://www.canva.com/
See below for a range of business support services focusing on ICT and Digital expertise.
Business support programmes
- Help to Grow: Digital
- Devon and Somerset
- Free impartial advice on how technology can boost your business, delivered through a new online platform launching this Autumn. You can also claim a discount of up to 50% on the costs of approved software, worth up to £5,000.
- Read more
Events and workshopsSorry, there are currently no resources available.
Get in touch
Contact the Growth Hub team to find out about support available locally.
03456 047 047
Newsletter Sign upClick here to sign up
Government advice, information and tools for businesses covering a whole range of sectors, issues and themes.
Get free factsheets
The Growth Hub have licenced access to thousands of practical, factual and digestible reports, guides, factsheets and reference resources for businesses.
Start or grow your business
- Starting Up in Business
- Brexit Business Resources
- Scale-Up Business Resources
- Developing and growing a business
- Sales and marketing
- Employing people and HR
- Skills and training
- Funding & Grants
- Legal and regulatory
- GDPR for Businesses
- International trade
- Digital and ICT
- Tendering and procurement
- Social enterprise
- Net Zero
- Relocating to the Heart of the South West area